1. Abstract of my LR is done- Tom gave me his feedback on that
2. Complete reading the article “conceptualizing teacher PD (Opfer & Pedder, 2011)
3. Write research summaries about individual and school factors regarding teacher learning in PD
After my class discussion last Thursday (09/27/2012), I am summarizing my literature review in order to figure out my theoretical framework, which should be already there.
To help out the process of finalizing TF, I engage myself for the following tasks:
1) Making a power point to write a longer abstract (5-6 pages) of my research
2) Looking at different possibilities of TF including
– Vygotsky’s learning theory (social constructivism)
– Situated learning (Borko, 2004; Wenger et al.)
3) Writing a draft of abstract by next Tuesday and revise it on Wednesday (10/03)
Completed: revising 1/2 of the part “characteristics of effective PD” from page 09 – 12.
Goal for tomorrow:
Complete the part “characteristics of effective PD” from page 12-14
One thing added:
Print out the first 5 pages of LR section 2.1. and identify key topics in order to revise it. I just figured out that topics in this section are in a logical order… sigh…
Things that I haven’t completed from yesterday:
1) Create a IRB draft for surveys
2) Write a cover letter to apply for the job @ Duke
Goals for today
1) Revise LR
2) Find out how much I need to write to complete the three chapters
3) Write a draft of cover letter and send it to Charlie for a review
Goals for today:
#One main goal related to preparing my surveys:
1) I am close to finalize my survey questions. I will update my survey questionnaire on Surveymonkey by reflecting Susan’s comments.
2) Retrieve email addresses of previous STEPT participants and file it up.
3) Prepare IRB for the survey
# Updating Resume and write a cover letter for the program coordinator position at Duke
Schedules for today
1. complete the research question section (Done)
2. a draft for survey questionnaire (for tomorrow)
3. find out about Boston….
4. send push emails to TET participants for taking surveys
5. bible study (last session)